10 journaling prompts to reflect on your month
One of the most powerful ways to reflect on our month and spend time with God is by taking time alone to journal.
At Arise our heart is to create the space for you to come away with God, and journaling is a sustainable way to consistently come away with God, whether it’s daily, weekly, month or when you are feeling to.
When we look at the life of Jesus, He was constantly creating time to remove himself from people and the hustle of life, to simply be and spend time in prayer talking with God. Journalling is a way we can connect with God too.
So let’s dive in, here are 10 journaling prompts to help you get started:
1. Write down a lesson you are learning
E.g. this month I learnt how God’s grace sustains us, protects us and guides us to places He needs us
2. Write down 3 things you are proud of achieving. E.g. it may be from the day, from the month, from the week.
3. Write down something that has been on your heart lately that you feel God wants you to work on. E.g. I felt God wanted me to work on changing my language to sound more grateful and positive, then worried and negative. Here is a great message I listened to that encouraged me in that.
4. What has God put in my hand that I need to steward well?
5. Who is on my heart that I feel to pray for today?
6. What do I need to let go of? E.g. the rejection from a friendship breakdown, the fear of losing something, the feeling of not being good enough
7. Write a letter from God to you
8. Read a verse or story in the bible and spend some time journaling what you learnt from it and how you can apply those learnings to your own life
9. What’s on your mind right now that needs surrendering to God?
10. How can I make more room for God in my life?
We hope and pray this blog has been helpful. Find a journal [Here’s one we recommend], and just start. Use these questions as a guide to help you get started. If you have any journal prompts you love, leave them in the comments below.